EPSYCA Index du Forum
EPSYCA
Le site des étudiants en psychologie de Caen

EPSYCA Index du ForumFAQRechercherMembresGroupesProfilS’enregistrerConnexion

we could play him today was i

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    EPSYCA Index du Forum -> A lire avant tout -> Tutorial
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
blueberryjerry
Geek !!
Geek !!

Licence 3
Féminin

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Nov - 04:31 (2016)    Sujet du message: we could play him today was i Répondre en citant

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork. Jaroslav Halak Islanders Jersey .com) - Sometimes the best effort isnt always the one that results in the most lopsided finish in thoroughbred horse racing. Looking past the actual race will many times offer reasons to appreciate how a horse got to the finish line first, even if said horse only won by a narrow margin. On Friday at Santa Anita, Shared Belief came back to the races in his first start since getting fourth in the Breeders Cup Classic eight weeks earlier. By now we all know about the running of the 1 1/4-mile Classic at Santa Anita and how eventual winner Bayern broke to the left at the start and impeded 5-2 favorite Shared Belief momentarily. We put all that behind us, Shared Beliefs trainer and co-owner Jerry Hollendorfer said Saturday. Theres nothing we can do about what happened and so we forget about it and just remember that hes a good horse and we came back and won, so I feel like he really justified himself today. Shared Belief, ridden by Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith, did come back with a gut-wrenching performance to win the Malibu Stakes over seven furlongs at Santa Anita. The 3-year-old gelding stalked the pace and had to swing wide around the final turn and into the stretch before fighting two other contenders and registering a neck victory. He was sitting in a good spot, Hollendorfer noted, and he was in between horses, but really, I was watching and never had any doubts that he would get out and come running down the lane. It was the kind of effort that showed Shared Belief knows where the wire is and does what has to be done to win. I dont know if people really understand how difficult it is to go from a mile and a quarter back to seven-eighths, Mike Smith said. Its really hard to do. It takes a special kind of horse; hes that, and maybe more. This race proved what a great horse he is, just by doing what he did. To run route races, then to come back to seven-eighths against top sprinters ... To me, that puts a big feather in his cap and puts him in front for Horse of the Year. I think this put him ahead of the rest. Being recognized as Horse of the Year is the ultimate honor in thoroughbred racing. For 2014, the three finalists may well end up being a trio of 3-year- olds, Bayern, California Chrome and Shared Belief. I dont vote on Horse of the Year, but all the other folks can take a look and see what they think, Hollendorfer said. Shared Belief was the 2013 Eclipse Award champion as a 2-year-old and has raised even more questions about who should be 2014 Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old. Sometimes people are disappointed because he didnt win by open lengths and think, Whats the matter? Maybe hes not all that (good), co-owner Jim Rome said after the race. The horse just won a Grade I cutting way back (in distance) and did it with a lot of grit and a lot of moxie and I could not be more proud of Shared Belief. I love this horse. Next up for Shared Belief is an expected rematch with Bayern and California Chrome in the $500,000 San Antonio on Feb. 7 at Santa Anita. That will offer the newly turned 4-year-olds a 1 1/8-mile battle. Hell go back to Golden Gate ... to train as usual, but well look at the San Antonio, for sure. Well look at it pretty hard, Hollendorfer said. By winning last weeks seven-furlong Malibu, maybe Shared Belief can at least be voted 2014 champion male sprinter? Josh Bailey Islanders Jersey . Orlov, who scored two goals in the game, was assessed a major penalty for boarding on the play. The Flyers scored once on the power play and again with the extra attacker with 65 seconds remaining to send the game to overtime. Mike Bossy Jersey .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston. http://www.hockeyislandersshop.us/Matt-Martin-Jersey/ . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs. GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan hadnt planned on having centre Patric Young for its game against Auburn because of a flareup of the tendinitis in the his knees. However, when pregame warmups were finished, Young told his coach he could play. That decision turned out to be crucial in saving the Gators school-record 18-game winning streak. Young hit a pair of free throws with 19 seconds remaining to break a tie and added another after Auburn committed a crucial turnover to seal second-ranked Floridas 71-66 victory at the OConnell Center. "Ive been practicing situations, like the opportunity to go to the Final Four with free throws as the game-winner," Young said about clutch late-game performance. "I was just telling myself, Be great. Strive to be great right now. "Ive been working on my free throws and I just went up there and swished them like it was nothing," he said. It wasnt the Gators best effort but it may be good enough to put them atop The Associated Press college basketball poll for the first time since the 2006-07 season after No. 1 Syracuses overtime loss to Boston College on Wednesday night. Provided, of course, the Gators beat host Ole Miss (16-10, 7-6) on Saturday. "One of the things I talk to our guys about is that with our rankings and being undefeated in the league we get everyones best shot," Donovan said. "But I like to look at it the other way. Are we going to give our best shot? I dont think that we did that today." Young never mentioned he had chronic tendinitis in his knees. Donovan revealed that Young was hurting in his postgame news conference. "He didnt warm up and he told me before the game that he could play," Donovan said. "His knees are ailing. I thought he was phenomenal in the second half. He played great. Where hell be at tomorrow well probably have a better idea but him playing or how much we could play him today was in doubt. Brock Nelson Islanders Jersey. " Young didnt played well in the first half, missing his only shot from the field and grabbing just one rebound in 14 minutes. He wasnt the only one playing sluggishly, though. The Gators (24-2, 13-0 SEC) trailed 38-30 at the break, which the was the teams largest halftime deficit of the season. "We definitely came out a little flat," said senior forward Casey Prather, who scored 16 points and had nine rebounds. "We werent doing the things that we needed to do and should have done to win the game. Im just glad we had a chance in the second half to continue to play basketball." Young certainly responded in the second half. He scored all 17 of his points and grabbed six of his seven rebounds in the final 20 minutes. He hit five of his six shots in the second half and the 17 points tied a season high. Florida had taken a 66-65 lead on Michael Fraziers 3-pointer with 40.5 seconds to play, but the Tigers tied it on a free throw by Chris Denson with 20 seconds remaining. Young grabbed the rebound on the missed foul shot and was immediately fouled. Young, a 55.9 per cent career free throw shooter, hit the two free throws to give the Gators the lead for good and ensure theyd extend their home winning streak to 31 consecutive games. Auburn (12-12, 4-9) nearly pulled off the upset because of its 3-point shooting. The Tigers made 10 of 19 3-point shots. Tahj Shamsid-Deen led the Tigers with 17 points and made 5 of 8 3-point shots. Auburn, though, made a costly mistake in the final seconds. After Youngs free throws put the Gators up 68-66, Allen Paynes inbounds pass to K.T. Harrell bounced out of bounds. Harrell had glanced up-court and never saw the ball and it ricocheted off his arm and into the Florida bench. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Nov - 04:31 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    EPSYCA Index du Forum -> A lire avant tout -> Tutorial Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation